Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Energy Healing

Well I decided to go a completely different direction and try an energy healer. She is really nice and puts up with me bombarding her with a million questions. So far she has seen Fox last Friday and will see him again Saturday and Monday.

She did healing on a number of Fox's old injuries, namely his eye with the corneal scarring and his rump where his two line of scar tissue are. He also had energy blocks. Twelve in fact which is many as a horse can have! Most of them seemed to be around his hind end.

Another thing she picked up on was a problem with his right stifle. Now I have mentioned before he looked stiff but couldn't really tell where the stiffness was coming from. The next day, it looked like his whole back end had loosened up, the difference was amazing and there it was, a really stiff right stifle. So he's back to handwalking and back on the herbal Free Mover blend, which I'm thinking I should have done a bit earlier. I now have someone coming out to check the stifle on Tuesday. Hopefully my partner doesn't notice the money disappearing from the bank account LOL!

She also said his saddle doesn't fit very well so not sure where I'm going to go with that. I may just invest in a good bareback pad for now and deal with saddle issues later. I haven't ridden bareback proper since I fell off last time. It might be time to deal with that too!

Anyway, I'm starting to get a bit more positive about our future. Once we have this stifle thing figured out I can once again rejig my rehab program. I'm expecting a very long rehab process to make sure everything is all good before taking it to the next level. It's a bit two steps forward one step back kind of thing at the moment but we actually seem to be making progress now YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment