Friday, January 22, 2010

Tattoo

الريح من السماء هي التي
كمات بين الحصان وآذان
This is going to be my first tattoo. It is an Arabic proverb that says 'The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.'
I love the characters of Arabic. Looks much better than getting it written in English. My other choice was 'My treasures do not clink together or glitter, they gleam in the sun and neigh in the night.' It was a bit too long and didn't have quite the same feeling with it.
My next decision is where to actually put it. At the moment I'm leaning towards it being just under one of my shoulder blades.
I have a few ideas for a couple more but this is going to be the starting point.

2 comments:

  1. I love tattoos, I have plans for one that I posted about the other day. Arabic has such a pretty, flowing lettering. I'm partial to Hebrew though. I have the same trouble deciding where to put things. I want to be able to look at my art myself, so that really limits me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see that just below the nape of the neck. That way it'd be visible if you wanted, and invisible if needed. Either that or as an armband, but it's almost too delicate. My two are on my upper back. They are VERY additive

    ReplyDelete